Sunday, February 24, 2013

FoodSaver

Never heard of the FoodSaver? Welcome, to a new tomorrow! The FoodSaver will help prolong your dry goods, your frozen foods and yes even your fresh refrigerated foods! You can purchase the FoodSaver at a variety of places for less like amazon, craigslist, Costco, Khols, Walmart ect. the hyperlink is there just so you can read more information about it.

Things I foodsaver-

Refrigerated (and yes they do still have to be refrigerated- you can't just put them on the shelf)

  • Lettuce and Spinach
  • Herbs- like Basil, cilantro
  • Mushrooms
  • Leftovers
  • Fruit
Dry Pack
  • Spices- I buy these in bulk for WAAAAY cheaper than the regular store at Winco foods.  Then I  put the amount I will use in a few months into a small shaker and foodsaver the rest in a pint jar
  • Wheat Flour- I grind once every couple of weeks, and always have some leftover
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Nuts
  • Dill Seed
  • Dehydrated Veggies (I make these myself in my dehydrater and then my garden lasts longer!)
  • Coconut
  • Powdered Sugar
  • Cake Mixes
The possibilities are endless!! Anything that is already shelf stable you can dry-pack with your foodsaver jar attachment.  Why?  Because it prolongs the life significantly!


No comments:

Post a Comment