Friday, February 22, 2013

How does it all work?

So the whole basis of this system is the figuring.  The first time I listened to Wendy Dewitt I was SO excited, I had always been scared of food storage (admit it, you are too!) and she made it seem SO EASY! I told everyone about it and how wonderful the idea was.  But for TWO FULL YEARS I did nothing with it.  I tried to write up my recipes about 15 or 20 times, but it was overwhelming and the math was confusing and I didn't really know how to make my recipes with JUST shelf stable items.  Finally I read the book "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen and got pretty concerned that I couldn't feed my children in a time of emergency.   I decided to get serious and I wanted some spreadsheets to help me do it.  What I am posting on here for you is the result of HOURS AND HOURS of work.  I want to make it easy for everyone else, so please feel free to tell me if there is something you don't understand and I'll be glad to help!

The first thing you want to do is read through the "How To"- it really walks you through what each spreadsheet is for and how you can use them.
Then you need your blank Recipe Card- to start filling it out! Instructions are in the How-to. I have the recipe cards I have finished uploaded here Next are the spreadsheets themselves- There are 3 pages or "sheets" to this document and you can toggle through them once you have downloaded it.
Next you have your "Price Comparison write-in Sheet" This is the same as your last sheet in the Food Storage Spreadsheets where you can compare and contrast prices-this one however, is printable so you can write in prices and add your own ingredients to the list. Sheet 

No comments:

Post a Comment